MENU

Girls varsity volleyball sectionals win, cross country headed to state and art club’s celebration of Halloween

Final set over, the girls varsity volleyball team celebrates after their victory over Francis Howell Central at Pattonville, making them sectionals champions. The team is now moving onto the state games for the first time in school history. “We haven't made it past districts since 1996,” Avery Crowder, setter said. “ It was super exciting. Eureka volleyball has never been to state. It is super exciting to be a part of the team that is making it to state for the first time in history. I think we definitely deserve it. We have all worked so hard and I am so proud of all of my teammates. I know we are going to do great at state. The games this weekend can go anyway. All four teams that are going, [Willard, St. Theresa, Lafayette and Eureka] are good. They are all going to be great games. Lafayette is our biggest competitor. We have always had that fight with them. We lost to them earlier in the season on a close game, but we have been working on our blocks and making sure we can shut down their hitters so we can win.” They will play at The Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau in the Final Four game on Friday, Nov. 1. If the Wildcats win, they will move on to play the State Championship game on Saturday, Nov. 2.

Oct. 26 to Nov. 1

About the Contributors
Regan Peterson, Managing Editor

This is Peterson's seventh semester on staff where she serves as the managing editor for both the Eurekana Yearbook and EHS-hub. Peterson enjoys sleeping,...

Ethan Fine, EHS_hub and EBN editor-in-chief

This is Fine's fifth semester on staff where he serves as the Editor-in-chief for both EBN and the EHS-hub. Fine enjoys playing guitar, piano and drums....

Grace Munton, Eurekana staff member

This is Munton's second semester on staff where she serves as a staff member for the Eurekana Yearbook. Munton enjoys diving for Eureka, taking photos,...

Jordyn Dixon, Eurekana editor-in-chief

This is Dixon's fifth semester on staff where she serves as Editor-in-chief of the Eurekana Yearbook. Dixon enjoys photography, shopping and watching...

Ashley Schneebeli, Eurekana staff member

This is Schneebeli's second semester on staff where she serves as the assistant production editor for the Eurekana yearbook. Schneebeli enjoys reading...

Katelyn Muszalski, Sports and Ads manager

This is Muszalski's second semester on staff where she serves as sports and ads manager for the EHS-hub and Eurekana Yearbook. She is the girls basketball...