MENU

EHS Top 5: A district championship, tornadoes and a spring play

Slipper+fitting%2C+Aidan+Vogel%2C+Cinderella+and+Jack+Myers%2C+Prince+Christopher%2C+embrace+during+the+wedding+scene+of+etc%E2%80%A6%E2%80%99s+dress+rehearsal+of+Rodgers+and+Hammerstein%27s+%E2%80%9CCinderella%2C%E2%80%9D+Nov.+6%2C+2018.+%E2%80%9CI+have+been+doing+theatre+for+five+years+and+never+had+a+lead+role.+This+is+so+much+bigger+than+what+I+usually+play%2C%E2%80%9D+Vogel+said.+%E2%80%9CThere+is+a+lot+more+to+work+with+and+play+with+in+this+role.+It+is+so+much+fun.+I+love+being+in+theatre.+The+first+five+minutes+of+the+production+are+complete+nerves.+But+then+muscle+memory+and+adrenaline+kick+in+and+you%27re+like%2C+%E2%80%98Oh+my+god%21+I%E2%80%99m+performing.%E2%80%99+You+look+around+at+the+cast+and+you+see+they+love+it+as+much+as+you.+It%E2%80%99s+amazing.+Cinderella%E2%80%99s+whole+character+arc+is+about+a+girl+who+is+in+a+bad+situation%2C+and+she+is+using+her+imagination+to+get+through+it.+She+is+trying+to+bring+herself+joy+through+all+these+situations+she+is+imagining.+Doing+theatre+is+like+that+for+me.+I+get+to+imagine+myself+as+all+these+people.%E2%80%9D+Cinderella+is+playing+Friday%2C+Nov.+9%2C+at+7+p.m.+and+Saturday%2C+Nov.+10+at+2+p.m.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Slipper fitting, Aidan Vogel, Cinderella and Jack Myers, Prince Christopher, embrace during the wedding scene of etc…’s dress rehearsal of Rodgers and Hammerstein's “Cinderella,” Nov. 6, 2018. “I have been doing theatre for five years and never had a lead role. This is so much bigger than what I usually play,” Vogel said. “There is a lot more to work with and play with in this role. It is so much fun. I love being in theatre. The first five minutes of the production are complete nerves. But then muscle memory and adrenaline kick in and you're like, ‘Oh my god! I’m performing.’ You look around at the cast and you see they love it as much as you. It’s amazing. Cinderella’s whole character arc is about a girl who is in a bad situation, and she is using her imagination to get through it. She is trying to bring herself joy through all these situations she is imagining. Doing theatre is like that for me. I get to imagine myself as all these people.” Cinderella is playing Friday, Nov. 9, at 7 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 10 at 2 p.m.

Regan Peterson

Regan Peterson

1. The Eureka Wildcats varsity boys basketball team won the Class 5 District 3 championship, March 1. The Wildcats beat Parkway South, 63-46. The title marks Eureka’s first since 2013. Eureka will move on to play CBC at Lindenwood University, Wednesday, March 6.

2. Tornadoes tore through Alabama, March 3. The tornadoes killed at least 23 in Lee County, which is east of Montgomery. At least 40 are injured and more than 9,000 people in eastern Alabama and western Georgia are without power.

3. Andy Ribbing, Science, won 2019 Teacher of the Year, Feb. 25. Ribbing won over the other two finalists Mary White, Orchestra and Lauren Schoellhorn, Social Studies by receiving the most votes from other teachers at EHS.

4. Skylinn Pogue (9) became the first female to make the EHS boys baseball team. Pogue received videos throughout try-out week from Adam Wainwright and Matt Carpenter of the St. Louis Cardinals cheering her on.

5. etc… will be performing their spring play, A Company of Wayward Saints, Thursday, March 7, Friday, March 8 and Saturday, March 9 all at 7 p.m. Tickets are $8 if purchased before the performance or $10 if purchased at the door.

About the Contributors
Ethan Fine, EHS_hub and EBN editor-in-chief

This is Fine's fifth semester on staff where he serves as the Editor-in-chief for both EBN and the EHS-hub. Fine enjoys playing guitar, piano and...

Regan Peterson, Managing Editor

This is Peterson's seventh semester on staff where she serves as the Managing Editor for both the Eurekana Yearbook and EHS-hub. Peterson enjoys sleeping,...